Check out this list of what Yahoo Travel calls their Top 10 Places to Visit in the US Before You Die. I looked it over and while it has definite merit, I decided to come up with my own list of places I'd like to see.
1. St. Augustine Lighthouse and the Old City -Again, I've been close, but not there. I love the pictures of the lighthouse and the history of the old city.
2. Key West, Florida - And a margarita while I watch the sunset. Enough said.
3. Seattle, Washington - Mostly because it looks so darned beautiful.
4. Chicago, IL - I actually have a chance at seeing this one next year with my daughter's chorus trip. I've been a long time fan in awe of Frank Lloyd Wright and I also have always wanted to see the Great Lakes.
5. Tombstone, AZ - I loved the tales of the old west and gunfighters. I devoured all of the books in my grade school library on the subject when I was in first grade.
6. Savannah, GA - I got close. I got to the highway that passed the city, but I have a real yearning to see the old city. Especially, after I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Oh, and of course.... there's Paula Dean.
7. San Antonio, Texas - I've been to Dallas twice, but I've always wanted to see San Antonio and the Riverwalk.
8. New Orleans - Now, I've been there once. Pre-Katrina. I'd like to go back and see the city that I loved so much as she is now.
9. Natchez, MS - The old homes on the Mississippi. I used to dream of going there.
10. All of the House of Blues Restaurants - Sounds strange, I know. I've been to two of them so far. One in New Orleans and One in Orlando. Both several times. Think of it as a pilgrimage of the blues along with good food.
What's your list? And why?
Heh! I started out calling this blog post "Blogging from the Darkside" and then went to "Writing from the Darkside" ...
Another young person from our community passed away yesterday. For me, all I know is the grief I feel that yet another life has gone way...
Hosting on my blog is a new experience for me. It's something that I've thought of undertaking for quite some time, but until now I ...